CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

Ringing In The New Year!

On New Years Day, we usually go to Red Lobster with my parents, get a big plate of crab legs, and chow down. Not this year!
Robert's dad asked us if we would go with them; he had a surprise planned for Bonnie involving a limo and the Oglebay Festival of Lights!
Of course we agreed, who turns down a free limo ride? My parents agreed to take the baby with them to Red Lobster as a limo ride isn't the easiest thing, or the safest since there is no seat belts for car seats.
We got ready and me and Caelyn had a photo shoot, resulting in this uber-cute photo of us. She likes the camera lol.
I have to say that I was pretty excited about the evening. Going out to eat is fun, but with a baby, it still involves work and less eating because you have to feed them. Robert isn't much of a help so it is basically me that cares for her as we go out to eat.
But, this was just adults. I was so happy.
His dad rented an Excursion limo; this thing was huge and there was only 6 of us! Bonnie was so excited. She had never been in a limo before and had no idea what was going on.

We went to the Highlands in Wheeling. It is a new, developing area with a lot of stores and restaurants popping up. We like to go up there to shop at Cabela's. We ended up deciding Olive Garden sounded good for dinner. Bonnie had never been there either! Man, we eat there all of the time!

Robert and his dad look so much alike - oh and his name is Robert as well, but we call him Bob. Bob's senior picture looks like Robert. I guess I know what my hubby is going to look like in 30 years, huh?

So, after dinner we all went to Oglebay Festival of Lights. For locals, they will know what this is, but basically, Oglebay is a park resort area with skiing, a hotel, a zoo, etc. You drive around the park and they have big lights like this carousel, and it moves! They are almost all animated.
We all got a photo together in front of the limo. From left to right it goes, me, Robert, Tim, Tina, Bob & Bonnie.


All in all, it was a great night. I was glad to get home as it was 10pm and my baby was still awake. It was way pass her bedtime, but we were happy to see her.
I think I am starting off the New Years right, creating memories, and isn't that what 2011 is going to be about for me?
How was your New Years? Did you do anything fun?

1 comment:

  1. Pap and I along with 4000 people went to Broadway at the Beach in Myrtle Beach,NC to see fireworks, cool night but no snow Mummum

    ReplyDelete