CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Homemade Christmas

Christmas is only two months away! I am starting to get seriously excited.
This Christmas is going to be different. First, there is Caelyn! It is our first Christmas as a family, it is going to be so wonderful! I am so excited. Second, I am going to be making at least one homemade item for my family members!

I worry that it will seem tacky, but I know it won't. I'm going to spend the next two months working on the projects. I have to be careful as to what I say I am going to make on here because I never know; family might read this!
Caelyn is getting a crocheted afghan, a tag blanket, a hat, mittens, a picture book, and hooded bath towels, so far.
My dad's side always does a drawing for the kids since there is so many and its hard to buy for them all. Caelyn will take my place this year. I plan on making whichever kid we get 2 or 3 chalkboard placements, crayon rolls with crayons OR melted down crayons in fun shapes, then another item -not sure what it will be yet!
Robert's Dad & Bonnie are getting a big gift basket of all kinds of homemade goodies - crocheted dishcloths, personalized coasters, really cute rice heat bags (found such a cute tutorial so they will have cute slip covers of them, a tin full of yummy cookies, some candles, etc.
I am making my little sister a clutch for her purse to keep her makeup in.


I think so far I have my work cut out for me!
Do you think that homemade Christmas presents are nice or tacky?

2 comments:

  1. I think homemade gifts are AWESOME - and if I had the skills, I would do it. Alas, I don't, so I'll be relying on my good ol' HyenaCart sellers to dish out the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think homemade gifts are awesome, too bad I have no talent to do any!

    ReplyDelete