CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Babywearers: A Call To Action

WE NEED YOUR HELP AND WE NEED IT NOW!

Within the next week, there is going to be a major recall in the babywearing industry. This could be the beginning of the end for American babywearing. What a shame. WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY. They are in for a fight.
I urge you to join: Baby Carrier Industry Alliance. They need donations, stories, support! If you have ever snuggled your baby in a wrap or sling or carried your toddler on your back after a long day at the park, your help is needed now.

Babywearing is simply one of my favorite things in this world. What is better than holding my baby close in situations that are needed? Why must I wake her up to make her sit in the grocery cart which is dirty anyway? She is safer on me than anywhere else.

The government and committeees need to spend time focusing on taking care of issues that actually need addressed rather than trying to recall slings and carriers that are safe and enable our children to be close to us. Maybe they should address car seat safety which half of the people I know don't even follow guidelines. Maybe they should update their car seat laws to at least 18 months forward facing like the AAP suggestions. Instead, they want to take our babies out of our arms. Not without a fight.

Caelyn LOVES our carriers. We have Ergos, Beco, slings, ringslings, wraps. We love them all. As soon as I take one out, she gets so excited. I love carrying her through the store while she is sleeping on my chest. She gets her rest while I shop. Perfect.
Newborns NEED to be close to their mothers. Mothers with extra kids need extra hands. Carriers give this.

Everything is dangerous when used improperly but when used properly, carriers are completely 100% safe.

It sickens me to see this. This is why we need to help the BCIA, even if you join as a friend and write a personal story about your love for your carrier. Please.

1 comment:

  1. Bethany - I can't find any information ANYWHERE about baby carriers getting recalled or what? I'm confused! Send me a news story!

    ReplyDelete