CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 16, 2010

Lemon Roasted Chicken

If you are like me, you love simple, easy recipes that are yummy. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy recipes that take more time - especially when Robert is home. I go into the kitchen, turn on some dance music, do some dance moves, and make a delicious (hopefully) dinner. Its ME time - but I also love recipes that take no more than 5-10 minutes to prepare. That is what I have for you today! I love roasted chickens. I love chicken in general and I love lemon. Hello... Great combo, right?!

Lemon Roasted Chicken
Ingredients:
Oil (whatever kind you want - I use vegetable)
1 whole chicken
1 tbsp italian seasoning
2 lemons
salt and pepper
lemon juice

Preheat your oven at 350. Put a thin layer of oil on the bottom of your roasting pan. Clean out the chicken and pat it dry and put into the pan. Rub oil over the chicken, drizzle lemon juice over the top of the chicken and sprinkle the italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. (I use more italian seasoning because I like it - and I sometimes add garlic powder also. Play with it!) Quartered one of the lemons and stuff the chicken with that. With the other lemon, cut it into slices and put on top randomly. Put the lid on and leave in the oven for 2 hours. I generally take the lid off 20 minutes before it is done and let it brown up a bit.

Yummy! It comes out juicy and delicious with a very light taste of lemon. Perfect paired with some rice and vegetables!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Come over to my site and claim your Honest Scrap award, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have received The Honest Scrap award from me! Be sure to stop by my blog to pick it up!
    http://melissa-mcmommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds yummy

    I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete