CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Interview with The McCullough Family Files

I want you all to meet Rebecca from The McCullough Files. I hope you enjoy reading her interview and then when you are done, be sure to go check out her blog!


1. Tell us about your family
I started young. I was 19 when our daughter was born, she's now nearly 5, and our son is 2 1/2. Anytime from now until June 4th we'll be welcoming our 3rd, another boy! We moved to Colorado from Los Angeles, California a little over a year ago. I miss the city life, but I am getting used to the country life. We currently live with my parents, by choice, which is amazing for the kids (not to mention the live-in nanny role played by my mom) We are currently undergoing the challenge to visit every National Park. We live close to a large number of them, so each summer we take a trip for a few days. It's great to be able to enjoy such beauty and history with our kids.


2. What made you start to blog?

Mainly I started because I had so much rattling around in my brain and nothing to do with it. I figured that someone out there might enjoy reading my blurbs of insanity.


3. What are your favorite movies, books, and music?

If you ask any of my friends they'll tell you that I have one of the most eclectic tastes in music. I was a professional musician for a number of years so classical has a special place, but I also enjoy reggae, pop, soul, blues, so on and so on. I can't stand country, rap or metal, though. As for books, I hardly have time to read anything other than my email or "Go Dog, Go!", but should I have the chance, I love diving into any good story. "The Memory Keepers Wife" is a favorite, as well as "Memoirs of a Geisha". Movies are another matter. I love them all, really. As long as there isn't much un-needed nudity and profanity, I'll watch it and enjoy it.


4. What is your favorite part of being pregnant? What is the worse part?

Favorite part is feeling him move around, and the excitement of meeting him. The worst part is not being able to do anything without needing to pee.


5. If you had to give new moms advice, what would you tell them?

Don't listen to anyone else's advice. Mom's know what is best for their babies, and half the time the advice other mom's give won't work for you and your baby anyways. I've had some downright crazy advice thrown my way. All I do is smile and say thank you and then move on. Every baby is different, and every family has their own ideals and goals for raising their kids. As long as you believe in what you are doing, then it's perfectly fine.....unless you believe in beating your children and not feeding them......then definitely think about what some people have to say......


6. What should readers expect to see and learn from your blog in the future?

The raw honest truth of marriage, life as a stay-at-home mom with three kids, and a Pastor's Kid. I have never been one to sugar coat things, I prefer to say things as they are. I also love to pass on good things I come across such as money-saving deals and charity fundraising causes.


7. If money wasn't an option, where would you go on a dream vacation and why?

Australia or New Zealand. I'm obsessed with them. I don't know why. I also wouldn't mind taking a trip to Thailand. It's beautiful there and I love beautiful things.


8. What is your favorite baby item that you use?

Oh my goo'ness. I think that would have to be Camillia extract. It's a life-saver for teething babies. Seriously. You can get it at any health food store. One vial of that stuff and you would never know that baby was screaming with diarrhea half and hour ago.


9. What are your plans for the future of your family and personal future goals?

We try not to make plans too much. It seems like every time we make solid plans God laughs at us and throws a curve ball, so we have basic plans, but nothing concrete. We're planning on staying here with my folks for another 6 years or so, but I would like to eventually purchase our own home. As for personal goals, one day I will get my degree in Medical Sciences. I just don't know when. haha.


Well, now that you know a little bit about Rebecca, be sure to go check out her blog!


Be sure to stay tuned tomorrow for another awesome blog! If you want an interview, please leave a comment with your email address so I can send you questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment