CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Interview with 3 Little Ones

Time for you, my lovely followers, to meet another awesome Momma! Today, you are meeting Jackie from 3 Little Ones! Once you read her awesome interview and answers, make sure you go check out her blog!

1. Tell us about yourself and your family. My name is Jackie and I am married to a great guy, Steve. We met in college, started dating our junior year, and were engaged about 6 months after we graduated. We both graduated with accounting degrees, studied for the CPA exam together and both earned our CPA license at the same time! We've been married for almost 7 years now and have 3 little kids - a 4 year old son, a 2 1/2 year old daughter and a one year old daughter. After we had our second baby, we decided it was time for me to temporarily "retire" and stay home with our kids. I love staying home and raising our kids. I feel very blessed and fortunate to have had this opportunity to spend all my days with our 3 little munchkins!

2. What made you decide to blog? Once I became a SAHM, I thought it was very important for us to find ways to save money as a family. With my whole salary gone, I thought it was important for us to look at how we were spending our money and find ways to save where we may not have considered before. Part of saving money also turned me into going green in our house. The more I leared about ways to save money and go green, the more I wanted to share with others. That's how my blog originally started. Then the more it went, and the more mommy bloggers I met, the more I started to share crazy and funny stories about my kids too!

3. What chore do you hate to do the most? Mopping the floor. I don't know why, but it's always the one that I put off forever!

4. What is your favorite movies, music, and books? I have a couple of favorite movies: Pretty Woman, Sweet Home Alabama & Dirty Dancing . For music, I love country - but especially love Tim McGraw & George Strait. For books, I love the Twilight series and the James Patterson women's murder club series

5. So you are trying to go green, in what way are you going green? I use reusable grocery bags, I make most of my own household cleaners (for the ones I don't make, I buy ecofriendly ones), I use cloth diapers & cloth wipes, I've really cut down on the amount of paper towels we use (by using lots of rags), I've replaced dryer sheets with 100% wool dryer balls that I make, I've made reusable swiffer duster pads to use in place of the store bought disposable ones, I have started making cloth napkins for my kids to use, we try to unplug most of our unused appliances in the house, and we recycle everything that we can. I'm sure there are more things, but that's all I can think of right now - haha!

6. What is your favorite baby product that you would suggest to other moms? I LOVE California Baby products - especially their sunblock. We used to live in South Florida and I found that stuff to be the best - my kids never got a sunburn with that stuff (and I'm sure you can imagine how strong the sun is down there year round!).

7. I know that you cloth diaper - what made you decide to cloth diaper? There were a few reasons - it was just after Earth Day in 2008. I was potty training my oldest (with cloth underpants) and realized that when he had accidents, it wasn't really that bad cleaning it up! At the same time, I had been battling diaper rashes with my then 7 month old daughter. I saw some articles that said cloth usually results in less rashes. I was also looking to go green with our family and save some money, so it seemed like a no-brainer (to me!). With much hesitation from my husband, I ordered a starter pack of prefolds and a few bummis covers. After a couple weeks of trying them out, I was hooked and started to build up my stash. When I had my 3rd, I still had my 2nd in diapers, so went out and started adding a bunch of newborn sizes to my stash. Now I love to try different brands and love adding new colors and designs to our stash! I have way more than I could possible need (especially since my 2 1/2 year old is potty trained), but they really are kind of addicting!

8. If money wasn't a worry, what is your dream vacation? Ireland!

9. What kind of plans do you have in the future for you and your family? We recently moved back to New England to be closer to our family so we are still kind of settling up here - haha! But my 4 year old is starting preschool in the fall, which him and I are both looking forward to! He is excited for a few hours each week to spend time with other kids besides his sisters!!! Once all 3 of my kids are in school is when I will probably start to look into getting back to work and using that degree and CPA license I worked so hard to get!

10. What should readers expect from your blog in the future? I plan on continuing to share with my readers some ways to go green, some ways to save some money, and also keep sharing stories of my crazy kids! I have also been getting more involved in product reviews so my readers should keep a look out for more reviews & giveaways coming up!


Now that you know some things about Jackie, go check out her blog - see her cutie kids and learn some awesome ways to go green!

Check out tomorrow's post to meet Rebecca from The McCullough Files!

No comments:

Post a Comment