CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meal Plan 8/23-9/7

I decided recently to keep myself on check with the grocery budget and to show that a smaller grocery budget does not mean the same old, boring, cheap dinners.

Now.. my meal planning strategy is pretty simple. I don't plan out breakfasts and lunches. I do keep track of how much bacon and sausage we have on hand because Monday & Tuesdays (Andrew's days off) I make nice breakfasts. Usually we have pancakes and bacon one day and sausage gravy with biscuits another day. Some times, I switch it up. On other days, Caelyn and I have oatmeal, toast with apple butter and some kind of fruit, scrambled eggs, etc.

Lunches are sometimes leftovers, Mrs. Grass soup, PB& J (or Nutella!) sandwiches, and almost always a fruit.

Dinner is my major meal planning. Being a mom, a worker, and a full-time student is hard enough without having to guess every night on what to make for dinner. It takes me about an hour usually to plan out the menu and there are always new and different recipes I get from searching the internet!

Tuesday (today) 8/23 - Gnocchis, salad, and fresh Italian bread from our local Italian grocery store!!
8/24 - Grilled pizza pockets and corn on the cob
8/25 - Sloppy joes & tator tots
8/26 - Velveeta skillet meal (I will be working so this is Andrew and Caelyn)
8/27 - Grilled Cheese and soup (another night I am working)
8/28 - Hot dogs and Italian french fries (I am working)
8/29 - Brisket, mashed potatoes, and corn on the cob
8/30 - Chicken Salad with french fries on top
8/31 - Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken and Noodles
9/1 - Turkey Rolls Ups & Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
9/2 - Easy Chicken Bake
9/3 - Chicken with Yellow Rice, Corn on the Cob, and Corn Muffins
9/4 - Caesar Chicken Pasta
9/5 - Trip to Kennywood for Andrew's work so nothing planned
9/6 - Cowboy BBQ Beans and Beef
9/7 - Breakfast for dinner

Idk my exact grocery shopping day yet since my school schedule isn't totally decided, but I will grocery shop either the 4th or 5th I think.

A lot of these recipes we love and some are new. I hope to be posting some recipes up soon as we make them.

My budget every two week is $125 and our trip to Wal-Mart was $99. So, I am $26 under the budget. Yayyy!

Now.. the nights that Andrew stays and hangs out with Caelyn while I work are usually easy meals. He works so I know he won't enjoy cooking some crazy meal. I leave easy ideas or maybe there is enough leftovers for him to make that. It works out well for us.

Oh and as for leftovers, usually they go to lunch with him. This really cuts down on grocery costs! I buy less lunch meat because of it and I feel like we are really cutting down on wasting food since if they don't go with him, they may get lost in the abyss that is our fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment