CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Country Style Green Beans

I love cooking, it is becoming a passion of mine. I honestly would never have believed it if you had told me it a year or so ago.

Part of my love of cooking is the adventure of finding and creating new recipes. We also are eating healthier..... Well just less processed junk more homemade from scratch items.

Side dishes are important to a meal. I like dishes that compliment whatever else we are having. Our dinners usually consist of a meat of some variety, then potatoes (my family are meat and potato type people!), then a veggie.

I like to work with fresh veggies if possible but frozen will do.


Doesnt it look delicious?

Ok down to how to make it... You can do it a few ways. If you are a crispy bacon type person, you start with the bacon, otherwise leave it for last.

Cook your bacon. I use about 4-6 slices, chopped. Then, I take a handful or two of fresh green beans and snap the ends off. This is where you can change how you do things. Either cook the bacon then remove it and MOST not all of the grease or just remove some grease. Dice up an onion and 1 clove of minced garlic and put it into the skillet. Let cook for 2-4 minutes. Add 1/4cup butter and the green beans. Season with some salt and pepper. ( if you removed the bacon, let this cook for awhile and add towards the end to reheat it). Now, you have to let the beans simmer for 20-25 minutes or even longer, especially for fresh beans.

Robert LOVES this! I hope you do as well! Oh and the flavor of the dish is even better if real butter is used!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment