CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Miss Independent

Lately, I have been very frustrated with Caelyn. I just couldn't figure her out! So, I guess it was frustration with myself, anyway. You see, suddenly she hates almost everything "baby" we have. She hates her swing, unless she is really sleepy then she passes out really easily in her swing. Her vibrating seat? Please! She will only sit in it for me to feed her breakfast. A playmat? NOPE! She won't lay like that for longer than 5 minutes without screaming bloody murder. So, that leaves the exersaucer. She does love that.. for no longer than 30 minutes at a time. She will relax in her high chair.
What she likes is to sit up on the couch, with a pillow on either side of her and toys in front of her. The problem with this is that I have to constantly watch her; I obviously don't want her to fall off the couch!
I came up with an idea! I brought out the pack n'play.. I've only used it for the "pack" part, not the "play" part. She can't full sit up by herself, so I sit her in between the boppy with toys surrounding her. OMG, she loves it!
When she lays back on the boppy, she can pull herself fully up and lean over to get toys. She just can't pull herself up from her back yet.
I am so glad! I don't mind entertaining her but I do have to get things done like laundry, dishes, some cleaning, and showering! I can't always watch her especially since Robert is working tons lately. I once again am like a part-time single mom. Its killer.

On the 28th, Caelyn will be 5months. Ok, I can't say that too many times because it makes me tear up. I want her to stop growing up, but at the same time, I love watching her grow up and learn.. experience things with her.
I realize why I couldn't understand her anymore; I've been treating her like a little newborn still. She isn't! I mean, I've known she isn't a newborn anymore. But, my little girl wants to be a big girl. If she could, she would take off running I think. She wants to go.
Today in the pack n'play, she was leaning to the side to get a toy and fell over. Well, I was packing up some bottles of pedialyte since we would be outside in the sun. I went to check on her and found her in the crawling position, smiling, but looking at me like "what now Mom?!"
She doesn't want mommy to cuddle her anymore; she wants her toys!
I was talking to my mom about this today and I told her that now I don't know what to do! I know how to care for a newborn, but a little baby girl who is becoming a little person with thoughts and wants besides eat, sleep and poop? What do I do with this?!!?
I love it though!! I love watching her play and select her toys. Yes, she will move toys to get to the toy she wants.!
My little almost 5 month old girl is growing up! =(

No comments:

Post a Comment