CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Roughin it

I have to be real for a moment.. Being a Mommy isn't all fun and games. Caelyn lately seems to have found her attitude or who knows, but things around this house have been a little bit difficult. Robert works frequently and long hours, so most days it is me and the princess. Before, I could do things around the house and such. But lately, it seems like all she wants is for me to hold her! Is this normal? I can't wait for this stage to go away! I love holding my baby - I cuddle her and squeeze her (not hard!) and just give her loving. We both love it. But, I've never been a momma who holds her baby non-stop. So, why the sudden change?
I have no answers for this question. Before, she loved to watch tv in her vibrating chair. Now, this lasts for only 10 minutes - enough to wash bottles - maybe. The only thing she does still love is her binky. Praise God for whoever invented the pacifier.

Ok, so enough complaining. Even though I complain, I am still so thankful for my angel. I love to watch her sleep - it brings tears to my eyes.

See, that made me feel better.
Ok, so today was grocery shopping today! Usually I enjoy this day, but today not so much. I feel like I'm losing my mind - literally. I forget everything lately. Normal? Who knows. My mom said that lots of women after having a baby tend to be forgetful.

I couldn't name this post The Joys of Couponing because unfortunately, I didn't need much that I had coupons for or anything that I want to stockpile.
I did get a bottle of Dawn dish soap for $.53 at CVS! Thats awesome! If you have a CVS around you, they are on sale for $.98 and I had a $.50 coupon off. I have a $.25 coupon off that I will use tomorrow - I forgot paper towels!
The P&G book in yesterday's paper had some good coupons - my favorite? A coupon for a B1G1 - Buy any 36-60ct Tampax tampons get an 18ct for free! That was awesome - Since I had my first menstrual cycle after having the baby and it has been almost 3 weeks long. Normal? Who knows.
All together today I saved around $10 in coupons, plus an additional $8 off on sale items at Krogers. While at Krogers, I got a coupon for $1.50 off my next shopping trip and $.75 off 6 Gerber 1st stage baby food which run $.97. Caelyn isn't using them yet, but I have started to buy them. This is one of the reasons I love Krogers - that they give coupons out at the cash register.
I'm thinking about making some of my own baby food - maybe.


I hope you all have a wonderful evening - I'm going to go try to figure out what my child wants haha.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bethany! I am now following you. I found you through MBC. I like your blog. Blogs that are all bout family and first babies are so refreshing. Family is where it's at!!!

    I have a 3 year old son and found that they go through stages. The always wanting to be held stage does change. At the moment my son is going through the terible twos at three! It's horible because he is so much more developed in his feelings and speach at this age. I told him the other day I was going to mail him with the UPS man to his Aunt. He was all for it, untill he realized I had a box he could fit into. LOL!

    I hope it gets better better for you. Just remide yourself that your baby is more important than folding those close. Just leave them in a pile for now:)

    ReplyDelete