CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Laundry, How I Hate Thee

It feels like laundry is the never ending chore in my house. I don't know where it all comes from! Robert seems to wear triple the amount of clothes as I do. In fact, I just folded a basket of clothes and ready.... FOUR items were mine! The rest were his! What the heck is this guy doing?

And don't even get me started on the amount of laundry Caelyn goes through (hahaha and we are going to cloth diaper so there is even MORE laundry! I'm surrounded). I do a full load of Caelyn's items every 3-4 days - you know, the usual... onesies, sleepers, pants, socks (I HATE BABY SOCKS MY DRYER EATS THEM!), bibs, burp clothes, receiving blankets, larger blankets, towels, rags, sheets.. ugh.

Does anyone else's dryer EAT socks? I think I have like 10 socks with no partner. Ok, so they were there when I put them in the washer and dryer. But, when I take them out of the dryer, they have magically disappeared. Is there a sock troll in there that steals them? I have so many baby socks and Robert and I's socks missing. It makes me so frustrated.

Not only does the amount of laundry frustrate me (plus the ridiculous water bill - where I live, honestly a water for us 3, a family of 3, runs about $130-150 a month. God bless families around here with more than 3 or 4 for that matter. God only knows how much it will jump when I am only using cloth diapers) but the whole task of it frustrates me. You know, gathering it up, because its never all in the laundry basket where it is supposed to be... dragging the baskets downstairs to my basement. Filling the washing machine.. etc etc..

The part I hate the most tho? Taking the clothes out of the washer into the dryer. Why, you may ask?! Because the feeling of wet clothes creeps me out and disgusts me. Its the same feeling I get towards wet hair. I hate it. I hate the feeling of wet clothes touching me. Ugh. It creeps me out thinking about it. I rush when I do that. The worse is when I have to hang up a wet item which takes longer. Ugh.

Last but not least, folding these darn clothes. I don't mind this so much because it takes place in front of the TV and I love looking at the little clothes she fits into!


Do you hate laundry as much as I do?

2 comments:

  1. I can relate. I always have way too much laundry and hate doing it. (Except for the baby's-- somehow I talk myself into not hating it when I do hers. (I do our laundry separately.)) Also, we live in a condo and don't have a washer/dryer in our unit, so we have to use quarters; that's the worst part of it, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I you hate laundry that much why on earth would you go to cloth diapers?

    Think about it!

    HUGS!!!

    Pap

    ReplyDelete