CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Happiest Baby on the Block

I wanted to tell you about a book I read about a month ago and I really enjoyed it. It is called The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp.
The book is about how to get your baby to sleep. It is very interesting and actually has proved to be useful for me and Robert. Karp claims that babies actually need another trimester in the womb, but they would not be able to be birthed, they only have three trimesters. He claims that colic is NOT any type of stomach problems, it is in fact from not being able to adapted to their surroundings. Interesting, huh?
He has a technique called The 5 S's. I'm not going to tell you what they are - you need to read this, seriously! But these 5 S's are meant to mimic the womb. In fact, it does cause a baby to quiet almost instantly. Caelyn responds very well to this technique. Its amazing.
This is not a sponsored review - This is just something I had found on my own time and I thought that future mommas or any momma for that matter could benefit from reading his book. Its great!
The only thing I didn't like was his examples on how to swaddle. It confused me. Maybe my blanket wasn't big enough? Who knows but that is the only thing that I did not like. It was easy to read - not a bunch of doctor lingo and it was funny.
Maybe it would be a good weekend read?

3 comments:

  1. I love that book!!! And I highly recommend getting a swaddle blanket. We could always get our babies really tight in those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to go and get it. I love reading great books and if you recommend it is good i will try it. I am your new follower from MBC. Come visit when you can
    http://showmemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that book as well! I agree w/ Alexandra, the swaddle blankets make it so much easier to swaddle effectively - my favorite one was a Miracle Blanket - that was a lifesaver for all 3 of my kids!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete