CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Project 52

while searching through blogs, I came across Simply Modern Mom. I really enjoyed reading her site. While looking through her blogs, I started to read about Project 52. I was like, what is this? Sooooo, I read about it. You can also read about it here.
Project 52 consists of once a week planning a "date night" with your significant other. These date nights generally take place right in your home! I instantly loved this idea.
Robert and I just had a baby 9 weeks ago. Because of this, OUR time has been limited. We barely have any time for us a couple. We sometimes go out because my parents are awesome and they love to watch Caelyn. In fact, sometimes they call and ask if they can watch her! But, we definitely can benefit from more time as a couple. I have known this but I don't want to constantly send Caelyn to my parents house. With this idea, I don't have to worry about it because the majority of our dates will take place in our home!
I pledged Project 52 and came up with a few criteria for our dates:
  • once a week, whenever we have at least an hour to ourselves - generally when Caelyn is down for a long nap. We can't pick a day because his work schedule is random.
  • we will each plan out the dates alternating
  • NO CELL PHONES!
  • Caelyn isn't allowed to be there! - aka she is in bed
  • We have to be kind to each other

I really think this is a great idea for any couple!

So, why don't YOU go on over and look at Project 52! Maybe it is something you can do too!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha- I like the, we have to be kind to each other rule!!
    Lovely family you have. Welcome to the blog world.

    ReplyDelete