CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Bib Time

Since Caelyn's birth, I've had a drawer full of bibs waiting to be worn. We would put a bib on her only if she had a nice outfit on and we didn't want spitup on it when she ate.
Tomorrow she is 9 weeks old (OMG!) and this has all changed.
My beautiful, smiling little girl suddenly has began to drool! Ew!
She almost always has drool coming out of the sides of her mouth. For the last few days, I have been putting on the inevitable - it is time for Caelyn to wear bibs. Her drooling has become so bad that she can get her clothes wet within an hour. It really is crazy.
Now I know that drooling means that the teething stage will begin, sooner or later. We are in the start of it. I hope later rather than sooner, but she has white bumps in the front of her mouth since birth. I hope that they wait to pop up.
As much as I don't like the drooling, it is a sign that she is getting older (sniff sniff). She doesn't seem to mind.
The one issue I am having with this whole drooling thing is that she seems to choke on her spit!
Did anyone else notice that with their babies?
I will be holding her and she will start choking and trying to breathe so I pat her on the back and I guess she swallows it. Everytime it gives me a heart attack and she cries because she scares herself. I don't know what to do. I can't teach her to swallow her spit!
Any advice?!

No comments:

Post a Comment